Here are my favourite search log queries from the last few months.
1. Why do today’s laundry products pollute the air and smell so bad? The ingredients have changed.
2. How has [the] Internet changed flirting? No idea. I haven’t flirted with anyone in a very long time.
3. What does the name Bruxy mean? According to Urban Dictionary it doesn’t have a meaning yet.
4. How do people treat homeless people? Like they don’t exist.
5. Do quiet people get married? Yes. Sometimes they even marry one another!
6. Why is atheism rising in [the] U.S.? I don’t know. I wonder, though, if the percentage is rising at least in part because more people are able to be honest about this part of their lives without risking their jobs, marriages, etc.
7. Was life better before the Internet? Not in the least. I’m not saying it’s perfect but life would be much more lonely and isolating for many of us without it.
8. Am I rude if I’m 30 minutes late? Yes, excruciatingly (barring emergencies, of course.)
9. Why do people think quiet people are stupid? I’ve never known anyone who thinks that. Maybe it’s because they confuse having thoughts with sharing them?
10. What religion had a holiday on October 20, 2011? Judaism.
11. Do you at times enjoy debating for the fun of it? Hell no. I don’t even like being around other people debating for the “fun” of it.
12. Why are there so many negative people in the world? It’s easier for many of us to focus on what has gone wrong rather than what is going right.
13. How should Christians react to sticky situations? As politely as they’d want to be treated if the roles were reversed.
14. How to discuss politics with those on the other side? See #13 and #11.
15. What did Evelyn Waugh mean in his quote, “the human mind is inspired enough when it comes to inventing horrors; it is when it tries to invent a heaven that it shows itself cloddish.” Thought a) human beings are dumb. Thought b) See #12. Thought c) Horrors of every shape, size and colour can be recorded at this very moment. No one can say the same thing about what may or may not happen after death.
16. Makeup: reasons why to wear it? You enjoy putting it on. You like the way you look with it.
17. Paintings of Star Trek crew. Is this close enough?
18. Do quiet people ever have best friends? Yes.
19. Whatever happened to respect your elders? More and more people are realizing that it’s an overrated concept.
20. Are you a crabby Christian? No.