Hosted by Long and Short Reviews.
The photo I included in today’s post is of a fantasy world. If only it were real!
My perfect vacation would include plenty of time out in nature, especially if it involved beaches and mountains. It would be marvellous to be somewhere that made it possible for both of these things to happen in the same day.
Nature is incredibly soothing to me. I love hearing the tide lap up against the shore or leaves rustle in the wind.
There’s nothing like seeing the majesty of sharp mountain peaks reaching up to the sky after hiking for an hour or two.
Ideally, I’d convince my parents, siblings, sister-in-law, and nephews to join my spouse and I on this trip. I’m quite lucky to have a family that all gets along with each other well. We could rent a couple of houses next door to each other so everyone could find the perfect balance of alone time and family time since many of us are introverts!
What would I do during this trip?
- Build sand castles with my nephews and whomever else wants to join in
- Create Land Art from leaves, rocks, shells, and other natural materials
- Eat whatever delicious meals my sister-in-law made because she loves to cook and is wonderful at it
- Splurge on a professional massage one day
- Sing or share stories around a bonfire at night
- Laugh at old funny family stories
- Nap (Vacation naps are the best ones ever!)
- Visit nearby historical sites or museums with likeminded relatives
- Have an alcoholic beverage or two. I virtually never drink, but sometimes the family will recommend or make something sweet that I enjoy a little bit of
In my experience, the best vacations are the simple ones that you allow to unfold as they will. There’s no need to spend a ton of money on specific excursions or events every day to make me happy.