Late last year my friend Zora blogged her replies to what a search engine came up with when she typed in the phrase, “nothing is more important.”
A few weeks after she posted this entry I kept finding articles about how google filters what we see on the Internet. You and I can enter the exact same word or phrase into google and get quite different results based on our previous browsing and search term history.
With this in mind let’s all search for Zora’s phrase and compare our results. Zora listed 7 items so I will stop at that number as well.
Here is what I ended up seeing:
1. Nothing is more important than money. Assuming you have enough money to pay for the basics I completely disagree with this.
2. Nothing is more important than a fair trial. This is pretty important.
3. Ain’t nothing more important than the mula. These are apparently lyrics from a Big Sean song. I am so out of touch with mainstream music nowadays.
4. Nothing is more important than relationships. Depending on the relationship, absolutely.
5. Nothing is more important than educating girls. This PDF would agree with that statement.
6. Nothing is more important than teaching compassion. This is tied with #2 for being the closest to the truth.
7. Nothing is more important than editing. For writers this is crucial. Poor editing can destroy an otherwise amazing concept. While great editing can’t make an unlikable character or terrible plot suddenly worth your time it will make you wince less as you read it.
What were your results?
1. nothing is more important than money
2. ain’t nothing more important than the mula
3. nothing is more important than relationships
4. a response to nothing is more important (on the other hand)
5. nothing is more important than an unread library
6. nothing is more important – KUPL Country 98.7
7. nothing is more important than love
And how would you respond to them? 😀
This day, family, the mula, that I feel good, and today ….. my answers.