He is suffering from a severe case of suicidal depression. On November 10 he is going to start a treatment for it that requires him to remove his glasses. This means that he can’t read or watch a movie during the treatment. It is possible for him to listen to music, though, so he’s asking anyone who can respond to him before November 10 to suggest songs they find motivational.
He’s open to any genre of music. Don’t worry about the possibility of suggesting something that someone else has already mentioned. He’s happy to weed through duplicate answers, he just needs as many ideas as possible.
I’ve already shared my list with him in the comment section on his blog, but I thought I’d also reprint them here.
Be sure to let Johnadamus know what you’d recommend. If you’re interested, I’d also love to know what you find motivating. It’s always fun to find new music. As you can see, I like a little of just about everything.
- Louie Armstrong “What a Wonderful World”
- Beyonce “Run the World”
- Bobbie Boris Pickett “Monster Mash”
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack “Something to Sing About”
- Tupac “Keep Ya Head Up”
- Jewel “Hands”
- Judy Garland “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”
- Jay Z “Glory”
- Lana del Ray “Young and Beautiful”
- Avenue Q “If You Were Gay”
- Shawn Stockman “Stand”
- Jubilate Deo (The traditional, Latin song that choirs normally sing)
- Katy Perry “Firework”
- Bob Marley “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”
- Joan Osborne “What if God Was One of Us”
- Alanis Morissette “Thank You”
- Lauryn Hill “Zion”