- The Care Bears were the source of my most violent nightmares as a child.
- The smell of olives makes me feel nauseated.
- I have two speeds: my normal, quiet self, and extra talkative. Most of the time you barely hear a word out of me. Every once in a while I blab the ears off of anyone in listening distance. There is no middle ground. 😉
- I never learned how to whistle or snap my fingers.
- When I was a preteen my family began to gradually listen to more secular music. One year my mom bought me CDs from Alanis Morissette and Rebecca St. James. I listened to Rebecca’s album once or twice and totally wore Alanis’ album out. It made me feel guilty, but I could relate to Alanis’ anger much more easily than I could to Rebecca’s cloyingly sweet lyrics.
- I don’t think anyone should be allowed to use megaphones in public places. By all means promote any religion or event you choose to, but those machines are extremely loud. Sometimes painfully so. Not cool.
- Celery tastes better than steak to me.
- It’s still exciting to meet other Preacher’s Kids. There are groups for ex-pastors, current pastors, and spouses of pastors, but I’ve never come across a community for their kids. Someday, maybe…
- Sometimes I type conversations out on an imaginary typewriter in my head as everyone speaks them.
- The only thing I miss about church: potlucks. Especially the desserts.
- It’s been 4 years since I last wore a dress. I’m much more comfortable in pants and plan to keep this streak going for a very long time.
- I often wonder how the really angry street preachers in my neighbourhood behave when they go home. Are they pleasant dinner companions? Is religion the only thing they ever talk about? Do their spouses yell and scream on other street corners, or is this a hobby that works best when your better half doesn’t share it?
- I’m easily startled.
- I’m totally uncomfortable with hearing graphic details about how other folks gave birth. When the topic comes up, I find a way out of the room ASAP. By all means talk about it…just not with me.
- Gospel music is my go-to source for a quick mood boost.
- I think everyone should learn how to shoot a gun. It’s a hell of a lot harder than it looks, but it’s a survival skill that can come in handy in an emergency. E.g. signalling for help if you’re injured in a very isolated area or scaring off a predator.
- When I die in my dreams I always come back as either a mischievous ghost or a (slightly) intelligent zombie.
- I’ve often wished my hair was curlier.
- I get carsick unless there is a very experienced and smooth driver at the wheel.
- When I was little we lived in an old farmhouse that had some sort of attic. Mom forbid me from going up there alone, so instead I’d stand near it and wonder what was up there that she didn’t want me to get into. I never broke her rule, though!
This blog has been so seriously lately that I thought it was time for something silly.
What would most people be surprised to learn about you?
0 Responses to 20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
those were very interesting things to learn about you, Since I don’t know you very well, they all surprised me. I think most people who know me might be surprised that I have a life long fantasy to own about 100 acres and have a few livestock for dairy and meat supply and a large hydroplonics building for year round vegetable production and all powered “off the grid”
Very cool! I’m impressed with people who can pull that sort of thing off.
I am too, thats why its a fantasy