2013 Survey Results

There have been some interesting changes in my readership over the past year.

Participant Information

In 2012, 80% of the respondents were from the U.S. This year that figure dropped to 70%, and the other 30% came from Canada. I’d still love to hear from people in other parts of the world, it just hasn’t happened yet. The U.K., Australia, and Latvia in particular send me quite a few hits.

50% of you were age 30-49, and the other half were 50-69. The survey respondents have always skewed in favour of these age groups, but Β it would be quite funny to one day discover that most of my readers are actually, say, 90…or 18! πŸ™‚

Once again, most of the respondents have been around since the beginning of this blog.

Your Responses

Your responses were overwhelmingly positive.

A small percentage of readers said they were very unlikely to recommend this blog to anyone. I wish I could ask them why. Are they like me in that they regularly read things with which they don’t necessarily agree in order to learn from other points of view? Are they keeping tabs on me for some reason? πŸ˜€

All joking aside, if any of you read this I’d love to interview you about your reading habits. It’s fascinating to (potentially) meet other people who have the same philosophy in life. Leave a message in the comments or use the contact form if you’re interested.

A lot of you are eager for me to release e-books. I know I’ve talked about doing so regularly for the past year, and I do have stories that are ready to go. What I really need is a beta reader to help me polish them up.

I can’t afford to pay for this service at the moment, but I’m happy to barter. (And I hope to pay once I start making money from my books.)

Do you need a beta reader for your work? Do you want to have your site added to Link Love? Would you like a personalized story? Do you need a guest blogger for your site? Let’s talk!

1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorised

One Response to 2013 Survey Results

  1. And I have a beta reader! Wow, that was fast. πŸ™‚

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *