Here are my goals for 2024.
1. Visit coffee shops more often. There’s something so delightfully bookish about them, don’t you think?
2. Submit a Top Ten Tuesday theme to Jana that she ends up using. Yes, I’m reusing this joke from last year, but I would also be thrilled if it happens someday. Ha!
3. Meet more bookish people and maybe become friends with a few of them if it works out?!
4. Spend less time on the Internet. I’ve been using it heavily these past few years as it was often one of the few covid-safe things to do, especially when the weather outdoors was smoky from wildfires or icy because it was the middle of winter and even here in southern Canada it is not a tropical place then by any means. While I’m grateful for all of the entertainment the Internet offers, I’d love to find more ways to socialize in real life that are mindful of Covid precautions, too.
5. Read more books about history. I read very little of it in 2023.
6. Patronize independent bookstores. I didn’t do this last year but would like to try again this year.
7. Try some new caffeine-free teas. I love drinking tea while I read, so any suggestions are would be appreciated if you know of a good one.
8. Read more novellas and short stories. I love how quickly I can finish them.
9. Avoid reading when I wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I have trouble falling back asleep, and I’m wondering it that would be easier if I tried something other than reading in those moments.
10. Spend less time on social media. My hope is that I’ll be able to meet some more folks in real life if I reduce Internet and social media scrolling. (This one is going to be almost as hard as cutting back on my Internet usage in general, friends! Wish me luck).