Happy Blogiversary to On the Other Hand! I’m still sorting through your responses to the survey, but I will be sharing the results on Monday. The next instalment of After the Storm will be published on Wednesday instead next week.
Once again, thank you all so much for reading my blog over the past year.
Top 10 Posts
The 10 most visited posts over the past year were:
10. R. Kelly and the Anti-Masturbation PSA. (September 2012)
9. Can You Trust Your First Impressions? (August 2012)
8. 5 Ways to Get Quiet People to Speak Up. (June 2012)
7. 5 Reasons Why You Should Stop Reading the News. (January 2011)
6. Are Most People Happy? (September 2012)
5. Why Is Violence More Acceptable Than Sex? (February 2011)
4. Has the Internet Destroyed Our Social Skills? (April 2011)
3. What the Quiet People Are Thinking. (December 2010)
2. 6 Reasons Why I Don’t Wear Makeup. (August 2010)
1. How to Forgive Without An Apology. (August 2011)
Last year Sabio asked what search terms people use to find this blog. I condensed the topics down into a top 10 list, and it was interesting to see what it had in common with the most visited pages:
- Is voting worth it?
- On the Other Hand blog.
- Recharge your energy
- On-the-other-hand.com and christianity.
- Internet and social skills.
- Quiet people.
- Stop reading the news.
- Forgiving someone who doesn’t apologize.
- I don’t wear makeup.
- And #1 is….(not provided). Some search engines don’t allow Google analytics to share this information with bloggers. If only they would!
So I’ve been having a serious spam problem with older posts. I’m thinking about closing comments on each post after a few weeks. Readers, what do you think about this solution? Bloggers, is there a better way to handle this problem?
What have been your favourite posts here over the past year?