Assuming I’m able to remain safely indoors during them, thunderstorms are my favourite type of bad weather.
There’s something majestic about seeing the entire sky light up for a moment as lightning strikes in the distance or hearing the deep rumble of thunder as a storm gathers strength.
It’s like watching nature’s version of an action scene!
Here are some books from a variety of genres that are at least partially about thunderstorms. I really thought there might be more of them, but maybe someday there will be.
1. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan
2. Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
3. Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World, #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse
4. Storm by George R. Stewart
5. A Magical History (The Mauve Legacy, #1) by Emma Hart
6. Rain: Four Walks in English Weather by Melissa Harrison
7. The Invention of Clouds: How an Amateur Meteorologist Forged the Language of the Skies
by Richard Hamblyn
8. Photographing Weather by Storm Dunlop