I’m the sort of reader who bounces between doing many rereads and only wanting to read books that are new to me.
The next time I’m in the mood for a reread, these titles will be at the top of my list because of the sense of wonder I felt when discovering their marvellous plot twists and character development for the first time.
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
2. 1984 by George Orwell
3. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, #1) by Douglas Adams
4. The Handmaid’s Tale (The Handmaid’s Tale, #1) by Margaret Atwood
5. The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
6. The Valley of Horses (Earth’s Children, #2) by Jean M. Auel
7. The Yellow Wall-Paper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
8. The Hate U Give (The Hate U Give, #1) by Angie Thomas
9. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
10. The Martian by Andy Weir