Large bodies of water like lakes and the ocean can be beautiful on a calm summer day.
They‘re treacherous during a hurricane or other violent storm.
They can be a safe place to swim, boat, or play.
They’re often a good food source.
What else can they be? Well, depending on what sort of books you read, they might also contain sea monsters. Here are ten titles about that exact scenario.
1. Jaws (Jaws, #1) by Peter Benchley
2. Black Water Horror: A Tale of Terror for the 21st Century : Creature from the Black Lagoon
by Larry Mike Garmon
3. Slime by John Halkin
5. Goliath by Steve Alten
6. Creature from the Black Lagoon by Vargo Statten
7. Zomby Dick or, The Undead Whale by J.D. Livingstone
8. The Origin of the Crabs by Guy N. Smith
9. Orca by Arthur Herzog III
10. Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. Winters
11. The Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft