Hosted by Long and Short Reviews.
Instagram is my favourite social media platform for the following reasons:
1) My Instagram account is private and cozy. (I am totally open to accepting new friend requests there! I simply like having one place on the Internet where I can do stuff like share photos of my family or talk about trips I’ve taken without sharing too much information with total strangers).
2) It’s quieter. Most of the folks I follow there do not share daily updates, so I can scroll through everything in just a few moments while still keeping up with the lives of family and friends.
3) I love seeing how creatively people share visual snapshots of their lives, especially moments that can be tricky to capture like living with a chronic illness, showing gratitude, taking care of all of the regular stuff we all must do each week, or anticipating something exciting that’s yet to happen.
4) It’s cheerful. This is probably due in part to all of the wonderful people I follow there, but most of their updates make me smile. I like using a social media platform that boosts my mood.
5) I like seeing photos of other people’s meals, pets, kids, hobbies, and other ordinary but meaningful moments in their lives. It helps me feel connected to folks that live far away, and it gives me some easy conversation starters for when we see each other again.