Hosted by Long and Short Reviews.
My assumption for this week’s prompt is that we’re talking about bad moods that have innocuous, non-medical causes and aren’t a sign of anything seriously wrong in life.
I’m usually a pretty upbeat person, but we all have grumpy days eventually. This is what I do to shake off those feelings.
1) Eat a snack. Low blood sugar can cause a bad mood for me.
2) Take a nap or go to bed early. I can get a little grouchy when I haven’t had enough sleep, too.
3) Read or watch something comedic. It’s hard to laugh and still feel out of sorts afterwards.
4) Take a long walk out in nature.
5) Spend time alone. I love people, but I also need to charge my introvert battery regularly.
6) Mute the news for a while. The negative slant they bring to everything in order to get more clicks and views is sometimes too much for me.
7) Perform a random act of kindness.
8) Write a thank you note to anyone who has done something nice for me lately. It could be for a friend, relative, clerk at a local business, or anyone else who made my day better.
9) Dance or lift weights. Exercise is such a great mood booster.
A combination of these things usually works well for me if one of them doesn’t do the trick on their own.